Monday, March 25, 2013

Our Christmas Vacation...

It has been quite some time since I have last posed anything on my blog.  I am sorry if you had come to my blog vie a link, expecting to find cards.   I had given a lot of thought to just closing down this blog as I post most, if not all of my pages on SplitCoast in their scrapbook thread and post to some of the challenges on Scrapbook.com.   I have not made a final decision yet but I am also well aware that I have lost a number of followers when I quit posting, then stopped Flourishes design team.  I hope you will take a moment to look through a day in my like.
























Those of you that have a blog are well aware of how much time it takes to maintain a well read site. I had found my daily life had become more stressful than I wanted for my retirement years so I gave it all up to return to my first love in paper crafting....... scrap book pages.

What better place to start the renewal of my blog than with pages for the renewal of my kitchen. For these two pages I have chosen one of the sketch challenges from SCS, then used the same simple design for the title page.    Would you believe my grandkids enjoyed tearing down the wallpaper from the lower wall??  It was a good thing they started the job, because I don't know if we would have finished it once we found out how hard it was to remove the paper.  I think super glue was used to adheare to the paper to the wall.


While creating the layout I found two things of importance...... one, a simple bit of texture like the embossing on a single strip can bring  interest and action to a flat feeling page. Two, DON'T spend a whole day trying to make a preconceived design fit the layout when a very simple solution is as close as changing the direction of just one element. In this case the oval frame was changed from a vertical orientation to horizontal.

The only other embellishments are a few pearl strips from Kaiser and flowers by Petaloo. 

We started the kitchen redecorating the end of December,  three months later the end is almost here and what a change you will begin to see in the next layout.  

Thank you for stopping by


No comments: